Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Still Unemployed

Well, it's been a while since my last post. Yes, I'm still unemployed. However, I haven't really been job searching so that's why. I decided that I wanted to get my PMP certification (Project Management Professional). So I took the online course and I've been reading, studying, and doing online mock tests for 8 hours a day for the last month. I finally finished the course the middle of last week. I had to submit my experience along with my course certification on my application. That finally got approved and yesterday I registered for the exam. I will be taking the class on June 2 which gives me a month to study. I've heard it's SUPER hard and SUPER intense. It's a 4 hour exam. So a month should be good for me to study. Wish me luck...please!

On a different note, I think I've stumbled across a new hobby. My sister and brother in law have started bike riding on the weekends. I forgot how much I loved to ride a bike. I always rode my bike every day when I was a kid. I think I rode my bike right up until the day I got my drivers license! So we've been riding on the Greenway and on the Silver Comet Trail. Now I'm all excited and I want to get my own bike. I've been borrowing a friends. I've seen bikes from $79 all the way up to $10,000! No, that's not a typo....ten THOUSAND. The only way I would pay that much for a bike is if someone was paying my ass to ride it every day. I'm thinking somewhere in the range of $100-$150 for right now. Wouldn't want to buy a $10k bike and end up having a $10k clothes rack in the bedroom in a year. Ya know? So I just have to figure out what kind I want. I'm thinking a road bike....I definitely don't want a mountain bike and I've heard hybrids aren't all that great. We'll see...I'll post a picture of my new bike once I get it. I feel all giddy like I'm 12 and there will be a new bike under the Xmas tree or something. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment