Thursday, August 26, 2010

Quinoa Salad




I decided to try a recipe I've had forever tonight. I can't remember where I found it but it was really good. I had a little taste to make sure it was seasoned well enough but I didn't actually eat it for dinner because it's supposed to be eaten cold. It will be good and chilled tomorrow for lunch. YUM!


3/4 cup uncooked quinoa

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

1 carrot, diced

1 celery stalk, diced

6 cherry tomatoes, quartered

1 scallion, chopped

2 cloves garlic, minced

Juice from 1/2 lemon

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

Dash cayenne pepper

Dash cumin


1. Boil quinoa in a saucepan with 1.5 cups of water until all water is absorbed. Set aside until cool.

2. Combine all chopped vegetables and drained beans, along with the lemon juice, oil, vinegar and spices. Fluff the quinoa and toss with the vegetable mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste and chill for at least an hour. It's also good with a little hot sauce!


* I used the juice of a whole lemon just because I love lemon and I thought that made it much better.

1 comment: