Sunday, August 29, 2010

Saturday Took a Turn For the Unexpected!

Last night my roommate and I decided to stay in and chill. Well I bought a whole...um..bushel (?) of basil at the farmers market that morning for a whopping three dollars! So we decided to make margherita pizza for dinner. So out the door we went and headed towards the grocery store to buy the rest of the ingredients.

Somehow between my front door and the grocery store, my roommate decided she wanted to get her nose pierced. She had been thinking about it for a long time and finally made up her mind to do it as we were driving to the grocery store. So, we made a pit stop at Psycho Tattoo which is less than a mile from my house.

Once we were inside the store, I started thinking about a tattoo that I've been wanting for probably about the last 13 years. The more I thought about it, as I was watching her fill out her piercing paperwork, the more I decided I wanted to finally get my tattoo. So I did it! It's very small, in fact I can cover the whole thing with the tip of my thumb. It's on the top of my foot just under my big toe. I LOVE it! Don't ask me why the purple man in the moon. It doesn't have any significance. It's just something I've always wanted.


Isn't it cute? And no my foot isn't dirty. It's just ink that stained my foot. It should come off in the next day or so. But I can't believe the tattoo artist was able to get so much detail in to such a small tattoo! He did a great job!

We finally made it to the grocery store after that and bought our ingredients for the pizza. It was delicious by the way. We used lots of my fresh basil, slices of mozzarella cheese (which melt much better on a pizza than shredded cheese, and yeah I know, NOT vegan), some sliced cherry tomatoes, some red pepper flakes and a whole wheat Boboli crust. We took a "before" picture of the pizza but forgot to take an "after" picture. I think we were so excited to eat it that we just forgot! All in all, it was a very fun, unexpected Saturday night!




2 comments:

  1. Too cute!! That is a pretty spontaneous Saturday night!! Pizza looks relish too YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tattoo and there is so much detail!

    ReplyDelete