Monday, March 8, 2010

Shin splints kinda suck

Well, this has been an unusually cold winter. I mean, 10 degrees is NOT normal for Atlanta during any part of the year. So I've been desperately trying to get through this winter and make it to spring because when I say I love winter, I mean I love it because 30 degrees means I can make a fire and eat soup. At 10 degrees I want to set the house on fire and soak my body in some soup. Not to mention the fact that I was always in a bad mood and wanting to scream at everyone constantly but I couldn't because my face was so tight and dry that it hurt.

So FINALLY mother nature redeemed herself! This past weekend was GORGEOUS. It was sunny and about 60 degrees. I decided Saturday morning to go for a walk. It was such a nice walk that I did it Sunday morning too. I went to the Big Creek Greenway in Alpharetta and between the two days, I walked a total of 8.2 miles! It was exhilarating! It was energizing! It was motivating! It was...BLISSFUL! It was just me and my iPod both days and honestly, I kinda liked it like that. I thought I would be scared walking alone but there were so many people out running, walking, biking, roller blading, and riding these weird scooter things (that I've never seen before) that I felt completely safe. I was never alone on that trail for more than a full minute. So I enjoyed it so much that I've decided to make it my new Saturday/Sunday morning habit. But I have to take it a little slower next time I guess. I got the WORST shin splints! I was hobbling around work today like a little old lady. Yeah, shin splints kinda suck!

2 comments:

  1. Stupid shin splints!! So since you like it with just and your IPod are you trying to tell me we aren't going next weekend?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! I am so happy you are blogging now!!! :) it is addicting - i am with you on this winter sucking - it totally sucked! love ya girly xo

    ReplyDelete