Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bruschetta



I went to a friends birthday party last night and everyone was supposed to bring an appetizer. As much as I love bruschetta, I've never really made it myself. But I made it last night and every last bit was gobbled up within an hour. It was SO yummy and definitely something I will be making again. Here is the recipe:

6 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 small red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 clove garlic, whole
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 1/4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
2 Italian baguettes, sliced (about 3/4 inch thick slices)


Whisk together diced garlic, salt & pepper, vinegar & basil.
Slowly drizzle in olive oil. Add the tomatoes and onions to the mixture.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so the flavors can blend together. Brush both sides of the bread with more olive oil and rub them down with the whole clove of garlic. Broil on low and flip so both sides are golden brown. Top with bruschetta mixture and serve.

1 comment:

  1. omg - balsalmic vinegar makes everthing taste amazing! I always add it to salsa and tomato sauce to give extra zing - YUM!! I will be trying this one too when i have time!

    ReplyDelete